Monday, March 4, 2013

Chalkboards

I was so inspired by the chalkboards that I have seen, and designing them at my work, that I decided to make a chalkboard program instead of print-outs. After hours of planning and labor on a sketch/design of what I wanted, I started actually drawing on the chalkboard. Don't be fooled, it is harder than it looks. I only made a few mistakes that I had to go back, erase, and re do, but in total I spent around 7-8 hours on the chalkboards, and they aren't even done yet! But we're waiting on the schedule for the ceremony, so as soon as we get that I'll be able to complete it :)
 Starting out, I had to figure out a way to draw straight lines on a 2'x4' board.

 I put painters tape on one side of my nice ruler so that it wouldn't get ruined, and just marked the inch segments in case I needed to use them (which I totally did).










 The flash shows the small amount of chalk behind the text, it really isn't that easy to see if you're just looking at it.






 As you can see, I tried to lay everything out in pencil before-hand, which was helpful. But in the end, if you decide to go off the pencil marks, then you really can't erase them without erasing the chalk too (so I just didn't erase anything!).








*Please do not inform me of the plural of Maid of Honor, I already realized the mistake*




















I'm very happy with the way that it all turned out, and I am excited to finish it! Happy Planning!
-Rachel
P.S.: There are only 18 days until the wedding. And I can honestly say that by this point, I have lost my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment