Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Last Box Arrived Today




I've been waiting for about a week and a half to get all the materials and tools I need to fully create and assemble the wedding invitations! Everyday, I have been excited to get the mail! Today the last package got here, which means that I am officially ready to begin the process. Its very exciting, but at the same time it will be super time consuming. Just last night I spent an hour and a half writing out the address for one of my bridesmaids in "fake calligraphy". Imagine doing that for eighty more envelopes!
Lately I've been working on sending out my bridesmaids cards. I bought special pearlized envelopes so that they would be pretty! :) I've been all over pinterest since the engagement, and I have been looking at all the beautiful ways that people have done their invitations with, and how they address the envelopes, the cute stamps they use, and so on and so forth. While I was looking around, I found this website that has a quick little example of how to do fake calligraphy. Here it the website address: http://melissaesplin.com/2011/07/catching-up-2/. I used it to look at, but ultimately did the handwriting in my own style so that my guests can tell that it was done by hand, while still looking professional. I used my Pilot V5 pens to do the lettering, and it turned out very nice I think!


In the package that I finally got today, was my corner rounder! Now I can round the corners of all the bridesmaids cards to send them off! I'm going to use acrylic paint to create a little texture on a few of the "collage-esque" flowers and send these with friendship bracelets in the envelopes. The goal is to have them finished by the end of the week. We find out about the venue on Saturday, so once it is set in stone we will send out the invites. Got to do one thing at a time though, and these bridesmaids cards come first! I have some cute ideas on my pinterest for the bridesmaids gifts, so I will be posting pictures of some of those soon. Hope to have a lot done in the next few weeks! Happy planning!
-Rachel

3 comments:

  1. Looks fantastic Rachel, what a pro!! Watch posting your address on line though. Envelopes might be whited out or blurred. To protect your fam. Love you!,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it is hard to get my comments to publish, jeez..hope you will post the link to your blog on Facebook every time you write a new post. Love love love your photography. And everyone loves free how toos with pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your engagement!! I'm a blog friend of Sharon's, so hope you don't mind me following along! Sounds like it will be an amazing and beautiful wedding!

    janet

    ReplyDelete